April 21st, 2006
I feel like even more of a worthless person than I normally do.
I just had someone guy come knocking at the door who was apparently deaf and was trying to sell his drawings for some operation or something. I first I thought it was a scam until I saw the drawings which were really good. Of course it might still be a scam but the drawings were probably good enough to sell not including other factors.
Anyway I attempted to explain that due to our new cashless society I hardly had any money on my anyway and it would better to come back when other people were in but given that the guy seemed to be deaf and mute and couldn't seem to lip read (his passport was polish so I don't know if he could even speak english) I didn't get very far. I'm not even sure how much you were meant to be for the drawings anyway.
I just wanted to explain that whether I bought them or not I did think the drawings were really good and would happily pay a few quid for them if I could explain that.
Though given that I have a hard enough time communicating with anyone it's not too surprising I didn't do very well. And no someone has missed out because of my inability to communicate properly.
Current Mood: crappy
March 7th, 2006
|05:37 pm - Quiz answers|
1. Hey Mr. Radio - Dragonheart
2. See Ya - Atomic Kitten
3. That's All It Took - Gram Parsons
4. Down by The Salley Gardens - Izzy
5. Solitude - Evanescence
6. The Last Rose of Summer- Izzy
7. 400 Years - Bob Marley and the Wailers
8. The Ghost of Give-and-Take Avenue - Butch Hancock
9. Shape - Sugababes
10. Desolation Row - Bob Dylan
11. You Don't See Me - Josie and the Pussycats / Kay Hanley
12. Eton Rifles - The Jam
13. You Got a Reputation The Byrds
14. Saturday Night - Whigfield
15. Elvenpath - Nightwish
16. Mansion on the Hill - Bruce Springsteen
17. You've Gotta Stand For Something - John Cougar Mellencamp
18. Yea! Heavy and a Bottle of Bread - Boy Dylan and the Band
19. Lazy Days - The Bryds
20. Strangelove - Depeche Mode
21. Who Painted the Moon Black - Hayley Westenra
22. Sheena Is a Punk Rocker - The Ramones
23. Hole In The Head - Sugababes
24. Some Kind of Miracle - Kelly Clarkson
25. Going Down Slow - Crystal Gayle
26. Downtown Train - Mary-Chapin Carpenter
27. Highway 61 - Bob Dylan
28. Leave (Get Out) dance mix - JoJo
29. Crosseyed and Painless - Talking Heads
30. Filthy - Saint Etienne
Current Mood: blah
Current Music: annoying screeching in Neighbours
March 2nd, 2006
From the new Hollyoaks forum (which admittedly isn't a good place to go if stupidity annoys you):
"i feel so sorry for Sam. he obviously regrets what he's done and no1 can understand that. what hes done wasn't even that bad. those girls were already drunk and he didn't rape them against their will. the only crime that he did was druggin them. n neway when ur goin out to get drunk u shudnt b tht suprised if u ended up sleepin wiv sum1. so i just think tht every1 s makin a bigger deal of it than it really is."
When did rape become socially acceptable behaviour? And apparently drugging people isn't taking away their free will now.
If it was just about a tv programme maybe it wouldn't be as bad but given that only 5% of rape charges result in a conviction it seems pretty obvious that this is the view of the average person in real life as well as tv land.
This is (one of the many reasons) why I hate humans.
Current Mood: frustrated
Current Music: The Cure - The Hanging Garden
February 23rd, 2006
Let's try going through this one slowly as it doesn't seem to be geting through:
1984 was a warning to the future, not a manual for how it should be.
Does anyone know the route to the nearest spacestation I can't take it here anymore.
Current Music: Fiction 8
This idea is stolen.
a. Put your playlist on shuffle.
b. Post the first lines for the first 20 songs to come up (along with these instructions).
c. Have people guess the songs and artists in comments to the post.
d. In a few days the answers will be posted.
1. I'm not alone where you're around
2. Yeah yeah yeah ooh-ooh
3. That's All It Took, the mention of your name
4. Down by the salley gardens my love and I did meet
5. How many times have you told me you love her?
6. 'Tis the last rose of summer that blew along
7. 400 Years (400 years, 400 years) and it's the same
8. Count your change, your going away, poorer than you came
9. I live my life in chains
10. Their selling postcards of the hanging
11. This is the place where I sit
12. Sup up your beer and collect your fags
13. Well, you got a reputation for running around
15. In the sheltering shade of the forest calling calming silence
16. There's a place out on the edge of town, sir
17. I've seen the Rolling stones, forgot about Johhny Rotten, seen the Who back in '69
18. Well the comic book and me, just us, we got the bus
19. It's a lazy day, I'm down with nothing else to do
20. There'll be times when my crimes will seem almost unforgivable
21. Did you see the shinning moon turned into a black ballon?
22. Well the kids are all hopped and ready to go
23. Seven hours since you went away
24. Prayed from an angel to come at night
25. Whatever We had going ain't showing any more
26. Outside another yellow moon has punched a hole in the night-time
27. Well, God said to Abraham kill me a son
28. (Get out) (Get out) I've been waiting all day for you babe
29. Lost my shape
30. Hello, hello. Rhyming as I'm coming to the top, with my back-pack of rhymes I won't stop
I did 30 instead of 20 as a lot of these are rather easy. It kind of takes the fun out the game when the first line is the title of the song.
Current Mood: blank
Current Music: Talking Heads - Crosseyed and Painless
February 2nd, 2006
In your LJ, list seven songs you are into right now; no matter the genre, whether they have words, or even if they're any good. They must be songs you're really enjoying this week. When you're done, tag seven people on your friends list to see what they're listening to.
1) Johnny Cash - (Ghost) Riders in the Sky
2) Kimber Clayton - If Wishes Were Horses
3) The Cramps - Garbageman
4) Johnny Cash - I Walk the Line
5) Reese Witherspoon - Jukebox Blues
6) Kimber Clayton - Ring of Fire
7) Wildwood Flower
What happens if you don't have seven friends?
Current Mood: blah
Current Music: Johhny Cash - New Mexico
October 5th, 2005
Questions to answer. I took this from a deviantart thread but I've seen them around before. The idea is to see if you can answer them correctly by applying a little common sense. I can. But maybe that's because I've seen the answers before.
( questionsCollapse )
Current Mood: okay
Current Music: t.A.T.u. - 200 km/h in the Wrong Lane
|You are Agonistic|
You're not sure if God exists, and you don't care.
For you, there's no true way to figure out the divine.
You rather focus on what you can control - your own life.
And you tend to resent when others "sell" religion to you.
Current Mood: awake
Current Music: t.A.T.u - 200 km/h in the Wrong Lane
July 29th, 2005
Just how obvious do you have to make a joke before people get it? The people writing comments are the really scary ones.
Current Mood: bored
July 19th, 2005
To be someone must be a wonderful thing.
Current Mood: discontent
Current Music: The Jam